Nov 30, 2022
MSL 402 - Officership
Study includes case analysis of military culture and practical exercises on establishing a command climate. Students must complete a quarter-long Senior Leadership Project that requires them to plan, organize, collaborate, analyze, and demonstrate their leadership skills. Required for commissioning.
Prerequisite: MSL 401.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Begin the final preparation of training before assuming the obligation of a commissioned officer in our Army.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Explain Military Customs and Courtesies.
- Discuss the Army’s Preventive Maintenance.
- Communicate effectively in the Army Writing style.
- Practice training on BOS, METT-T and OCOKA.
- Use Leadership Counseling.
- Use stress reduction techniques.
- Demonstrate time management.
- Develop assertive skills.
- Define organizational systems, cultures, and theories.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)