Nov 30, 2022
MSL 401 - Leadership and Management
Develops student proficiency in planning and executing complex operations, functioning as a member of a staff, and mentoring subordinates. Students explore training management, methods of effective staff collaboration, and developmental counseling techniques. Required for commissioning.
Prerequisite: MSL 303.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Begin the final preparation of training before assuming the obligation of a commissioned officer in our Army.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas :
- Communicate effectively in writing.
- Implement how to coordinate activities with staffs.
- Conduct proper subordinate counseling.
- Present briefings.
- Implement a total fitness program.
- Apply characteristics of the profession to officer service.
- Assist in the planning of the Winter FTX
- Discuss staff coordination process, planning, preparing for and executing class presentation.
- Describe the Army’s Supply Activities.
- Refine the After Action Review Process.
- Prepare and conduct small unit training.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)