Nov 26, 2022
MSL 303 - Leadership and Small Group Tactics
Students learn and demonstrate small-unit tactics and land navigation methods while using advanced problem-solving techniques. Emphasis on decision making and communication skills. Required for commissioning.
Prerequisite: MSL 302.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to lead Raid, Ambush, and Reconnaissance patrols.
- Demonstrate navigation proficiency using a map and a compass.
- Explain how to cross danger areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a Squad Leader, Platoon Leader, and Platoon Sergeant.
- Demonstrate proficiency with M16A2.
- Demonstrate proficiency at MEDEVAC procedures using the 9 line format.
- Demonstrate ability to write military operation orders and conduct troop leading procedures.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)