Dec 03, 2023
MSL 301 - Leadership and Problem Solving
Students conduct self-assessment of leadership style, develop personal fitness regimen, and learn to plan and conduct individual/small unit tactical training while testing reasoning and problem solving techniques. Students receive direct feedback on leadership abilities. Required for commissioning.
Prerequisite: MSL 102.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to give a briefing.
- Demonstrate how to navigate using a map and compass.
- Develop the use of troop leading procedures.
- Conduct pre-combat inspections.
- Write an operations order.
- Conduct an after action review.
- Apply movement formations, operations order, drill and ceremony, offensive operations, land navigation, and defensive operations to situational exercises.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)