Nov 29, 2023
MSL 293 - Ranger Challenge Training
Prepares students to compete as a team member on the CWU Ranger Challenge team.
Corequisite: PEF 118.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Construct a one-rope bridge over a river crossing using wireman’s knot, half hitches, swiss seat, and teamwork.
- Conduct orienteering and land navigation in small teams using all techniques, compass, protractor, grid reference system, and maps.
- Conduct a 10K team endurance march using military load equipment, packing list, and teamwork.
- Conduct a hand grenade toss using proper throwing techniques and safety measures.
- Learn the maintenance of military weaponry, assembly, disassembly, safety checks, and demonstrate operation (function checks).
- Conduct a physical fitness tests using correct push up, sit up, and running 2 miles.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)