Mar 27, 2023
MET 310 - Hydraulics/Pneumatics
A study of the application, controls, and uses of air and liquid for the transmission of power. Two hours lecture and four hours laboratory per week.
Prerequisite: MATH 153 or MATH 154 or MATH 172.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Select a component for a set of given operating conditions using the supplier’s technical literature.
- Determine the appropriate specifications of fluid power components given system requirements.
- Design a fluid power circuit for a given scenario.
- Create a bill of materials (BOM) and circuit diagram for a complete fluid power system.
- Assemble a fluid power circuit.
- Evaluate the predicted and observed performance of the assembled fluid power circuit.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Winter Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)