Apr 01, 2023
MATH 499S - Senior Seminar
Individualized projects using oral presentations and written portfolio to show mastery in all program outcomes for mathematics.
Prerequisite: (MATH 365 or MATH 371) with a grade of C or higher.
General Education Category: CE - Culminating Experience
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking skills to write proofs using axiomatic systems.
- Clearly communicate mathematical ideas both orally and in writing.
- Synthesize information from numerous sources and describe the application of mathematics to a field outside of mathematics.
- Reflect upon, integrate, and apply the knowledge and skills they gleaned from their undergraduate mathematics experience to newly posed problems.
- Research and explore new ideas in mathematics.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Winter Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)