Dec 09, 2022
MATH 476 - Numerical Methods and Analysis I
This course offers an engaging introduction to numerical methods and analysis. Topics include error propagation in mathematical algorithms, data approximation, numerical differentiation and integration. Course work requires programming experience.
Prerequisites: MATH 260 and MATH 265 and MATH 299S with a grade of C or higher, or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe, present and analyze numerical methods for a specific data set, and justify their conclusions.
- Construct and analyze computational approximations for different data sets using interpolation and other polynomial approximations.
- Estimate numerical derivatives and numerical integrals for a given dataset.
- Predict and analyze the error propagation that results from mathematical algorithms.
- Evaluate other numerical approximation methods.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)