Mar 23, 2023
MATH 360 - Algebraic Structures I
First course in the structure of algebraic systems includes the study of real number systems and other algebraic systems in the development of group theory.
Prerequisites: MATH 260 and MATH 265 and MATH 272 with a grade of C or higher or permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze set structures to determine whether these structures are Abelian groups.
- Analyze set functions to determine whether the functions have homomorphic and isomorphic structures.
- Distinguish between dihedral groups of transformations and more general permutation groups.
- Demonstrate Cayley’s Theorem
- Demonstrate the Fundamental Homomorphism Theorem
- Demonstrate proofs of elementary theorems of Group Theory
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)