Sep 24, 2023
MATH 232 - Discrete Modeling for Middle-level Teachers
Discrete models including recurrence relations finite differences, logic, applications of graph theory, applications of linear programming, and simple combinatorics.
Prerequisites: MATH 130 and MATH 154.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use and apply the process of mathematical induction
- Use and apply different types of counting principles
- Use and apply recurrence relation principles.
- Use and apply deductive logic as a form of reasoning
- Use and apply models having roots in graph theory, combinatorics, linear programming, and difference equations.
- Create and teach a problem solving discrete mathematics lesson using pedagogy appropriate for middle level students.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)