Mar 31, 2023
MATH 101 - Mathematics in the Modern World
Selected topics, from the development and applications of mathematics together with their relationship to the development of our present society, designed to advance critical thinking and quantitative reasoning.
Prerequisites: students must achieve an appropriate test score or successfully complete the required prerequisite course/s before enrolling in a Quantitative Reasoning course.
General Education Category: FYE3 - Quantitative Reasoning
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain mathematical information presented in various forms.
- Convert mathematical information from one form to another.
- Perform mathematical calculations accurately.
- Use quantitative analysis to draw conclusions.
- Make and evaluate assumptions in estimation, modeling and data analysis.
- Effectively communicate their mathematical thinking.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg Winter Locations: Ellensburg Spring Locations: Ellensburg Summer Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)