Jun 06, 2023
GERM 252 - Second-year German
Graduated readings in modern German prose with discussion conducted in German. Thorough review of German grammar. Courses must be taken in sequence.
Prerequisite: GERM 251.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Learn to read with a basic understanding of modern German short stories and prose as found in newspapers, letters and magazines.
- Increas their active and passive vocabularies.
- Develop an ability to communicate thoughts on topics of general interest, both orally and in writing.
- Improve their ability to understand conversational German.
- Strengthen their knowledge of German grammar and have increased their ability to use standard High German in everyday situations.
- Learn some aspects of contemporary life, history, politics, and culture of the German speaking countries.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)