Apr 01, 2023
ATM 301 - Introduction to the Fashion Industry
Overview of the history, structure, and operation of the fashion industry. Provides knowledge and skills for effective development in understanding the dynamics of the fashion industry. Course will be offered every year (Winter).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the fashion cycle and its components.
- Analyze the developmental steps of the fashion industry.
- Identify apparel trends, styles and sizes.
- Identify many sectors of the apparel industry.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of designers, manufacturers, and retailers.
- Analyze sustainability/social responsibility in the apparel industry.
- Use fashion terminology appropriately.
- Determine the scope of jobs in the fashion industry.
- Practice and improve communication, writing, and presentation skills to enable students to have a competitive advantage in the fashion industry.
- Use industry technology to execute professional quality work.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)