Mar 28, 2023
ETS 354 - Minority Experiences
Explanations will be identified for institutional racism common to the history and character of American minorities. ETS 354 and SOC 354 are cross-listed courses; students may not receive credit for both.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the main points in minority-white relationships.
- Recognize the historical legacy of racism.
- Compare white Americans, African Americans, Native Americans, Asian Americans and Latino Americans regarding socio-economic characteristics and power.
- Identify the basic questions and issues in the area; of race and ethnicity.
- Identify the specific policy implications of theoretical and practical research in the area.
- Have the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)