Oct 20, 2021
EDEL 493 - Professional Educators Field Experience
Experience working in educational settings. Application must be submitted before registration - see department of TEACH office. Students may accumulate no more than 15 hours of practicum credit. Formerly EDEL 492, students may not receive credit for both. Grade will either be S or U.
Prerequisite: full admission to the Teacher Certification Program and current WSP/FBI fingerprint clearance.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Facilitate developmentally appropriate learning in a K-8 setting.
- Establish and maintain a developmentally appropriate, content-focused learning environment.
- Observe, assess, and document individual student and groups of students’ growths within a given K-8 environment.
- Operationalize best practices readings, research, and trainings.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Conduct a focused curriculum materials review of the material being used at the placement school site.
- Provide constructive feedback to students in the classroom where the internship is being completed.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)