Dec 05, 2023
EDEL 420 - Social Sciences in the Elementary School
Methods, techniques, content, and materials for the various grade levels with an emphasis on history, geography, economics, civics, political science, and social studies skills, through the use of inquiry, primary source documents, and integration of content within the elementary school curriculum.
Prerequisite: full admission to the Teacher Certification Program and senior level status or by permission.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the steps involved in historical investigation/reasoning.
- Write a thesis based on several data sets that they have examined in an inquiry lesson.
- Conduct effective Socratic discussion.
- Construct effective arguments.
- Explain economic concepts (i.e., supply, demand, scarcity, money, etc.).
- Create a mini-unit of instruction.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)