Sep 24, 2023
EDEL 320 - Integrated Arts in the Elementary School
This course contains content and methodology for elementary majors preparing to teach all of the arts (dance, drama/theatre arts, music and visual arts) with connections to pedagogy, artistic expression, and the other content area of elementary education.
Prerequisites: conditional admission to the Teacher Certification Program and current WSP/FBI clearance.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Sets learning targets that address the EALR’s and the state learning goals for the arts.
- Demonstrates knowledge that dance, music, theatre and visual arts shape and reflect culture and history.
- Applies arts knowledge and skills utilizing the key elements, principles of design and composition, and the foundations, concepts and techniques used in dance, music, theatre, and visual arts, such as rhythm, beat, expression, action, character, energy, color, balance, harmony, etc.
- Demonstrates a recognition of a broad variety of visual and performing arts styles that differ across various artists, cultures, and times.
- Applies and demonstrates the thinking skills using the artistic processes of creating, performing, and responding.
- Designs assessment strategies to show understanding that dance, music, theatre, and visual arts are used to communicate ideas and feelings for specific purposes.
- Designs performances or artistic works that show an understanding that aesthetic diversity is reflected in dance, music, theatre, and visual arts.
- Designs performances or artistic works that show understanding that the arts (dance, music, theatre, and visual arts) make connections within and across the arts, to other disciplines, life, cultures and work.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)