Jan 29, 2023
EDEC 424 - Curriculum III
Historical influences and knowledge of child development, psychological theories, contemporary models will form the basis for curriculum development, implementation, and interactions with children from kindergarten through primary grades. Course will be offered on even numbered years (Fall, Winter, Spring).
Prerequisites: EDEC 306, EDEC 321, and EDEC 411.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compare and Contrast the strengths and weaknesses of the Common Core Standards.
- Research and show knowledge of the developmental milestones of children B-8 years old.
- Construct and implement a literature- based lesson plan for children 5-8.
- Design class schedules for each grade of K-3.
- Construct content-based lesson plans (consecutive) for children 5-8
- Investigate elementary school campus, resources, and curricular materials.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)