Jan 29, 2023
EDEC 411 - Curriculum II
Historical influences and knowledge of child development, psychological theories, and contemporary models as bases for curriculum development and implementation in pre-kindergarten settings. Course will be offered every year (Fall, Winter, Spring).
Prerequisite: EDEC 306.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Investigate the performance standards implemented by Head Start and ECEAP.
- Research the developmental milestones of children age 3-5.
- Construct a theme-based unit plan including the developmental domains of language, social emotional, cognitive, physical, aesthetic, and affective.
- Implement a preschool lesson at a local preschool or childcare center.
- Reflect and write an analysis of a lesson implemented with children including strengths and weakness of the implementation and lesson plan.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)