Dec 02, 2023
EDBL 440 - Development of Literacy with Linguistically Diverse Students
Reading instruction for K-12 students who are speakers of a language other than English. Linguistic theory and information for developing and implementing strategies and techniques for literacy acquisition in English.
Prerequisite: full admission to the Teacher Certification Program.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and explain diverse perspectives of the concept of literacy.
- Summarize linguistic theory and research applicable to the development of second language literacy.
- Describe research-based, methods and techniques that foster the literacy development of ESL learners.
- Select, adapt, and develop appropriate materials and instructional sequences.
- Describe and conduct procedures and methods appropriate to the assessment of second language readers and writers.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)