Aug 11, 2022
DHC 497 - Honors Thesis and/or Creative Project
Students must complete a thesis or creative project approved by their faculty advisor and the DHC director and present at the DHC presentation event to receive credit for the course. Permission by department. Grade will either be S or U.
Prerequisites: students must pass DHC 310 and DHC 401 with a grade of cB or higher and admission to the Douglas Honors College.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Employ appropriate and effective writing skills that communicate the results of a research project, suitable for a peer-reviewed journal or thesis.
- Demonstrate conformity to the established DHC thesis guidelines.
- OR employ appropriate and effective creative skills that communicate the results of an art, music, theatre, or creative writing project, suitable for a peer-reviewed journal or juried artistic competition.
- Demonstrate a level of mastery in their chosen creative medium/discipline.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between their creative project and chosen medium as expressed in their artist statement and creative project.
- Employ appropriate and effective oral presentation skills that communicate the results of a research project or creative project.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg Winter Locations: Ellensburg Spring Locations: Ellensburg Summer Locations: Ellensburg, Online
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)