Dec 06, 2021
CS 427 - Algorithm Analysis
Topics will include basic algorithmic analysis, algorithmic strategies, fundamental computing algorithms, basic computability, the complexity classes P and NP, and advanced algorithmic analysis. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisites: C or higher in CS 302 and Math 330.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define basic categories of algorithmic analysis and algorithmic strategies.
- Formulate and apply fundamental computing algorithms to solve specific tasks.
- Formulate mathematical analysis of recursive algorithms, heterogeneous recurrences and the Master Theorem.
- Formulate and apply Brute-Force, Exhaustive search, Depth-First and Breadth-First Search and Decrease-and-conquer algorithms.
- Formulate and apply the complexity classes P and NP to specific tasks.
- Formulate and apply advanced algorithmic analysis.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)