Sep 20, 2021
COM 403 - Family Communication
This course is designed to provide an overview of family dynamics and the processes that influence family communication and family functioning. FCL 403, COM 403 and FCL 503 are cross-listed courses; students may not receive credit for both.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Attain a consistent communication focus in viewing and understanding family life.
- Demonstrate the utility of applying theoretical frameworks to questions about family communication.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply critical thinking to contemporary family forms and functions.
- Identify dysfunctional family patterns and their root causes.
- Articulate the importance of family communication rituals.
- Identify the role of communication for coping with stressors and mediating conflict.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)