Sep 18, 2021
COM 401 - Communication Theory
Examination of human communication on an individual, interpersonal, and public level. Exploration of the relationship between communication theory and the practice of communication in various professional settings.
Prerequisite: admission to either the communication studies, public relations, film, or journalism major.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Articulate the basis of theory and its relationship to effective behavior.
- Demonstrate understanding of communication discipline.
- Use communication theories to analyze communication problems and to suggest effective strategies to overcome the problems.
- Describe the major contexts in communication.
- Incorporate communication theories in describing the role of communication in interpersonal relationships.
- Describe at least three cultural differences in communication.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)