Sep 18, 2021
COM 388 - Advertising Planning
Development of media strategies in advertising campaigns, including analysis of research, making useful media buys, integrating multiple objectives in the media message, and developing an assessment plan for effectiveness of message.
Prerequisite: COM 280.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to determine the needs of a client through interviewing them and reading of current research.
- Create a basic media plan for an advertising client demonstrating this knowledge.
- Know the terminology associated with media planning
- Understand how to read and apply core planning concepts such as index numbers, people metering, psychographics, and demographics.
- Read research instruments used by the advertising planner.
- Create and communicate a media plan for a client.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)