Aug 17, 2022
COM 310 - Writing and Reporting for Broadcast Journalism
Writing, news gathering, and reporting for the electronic media. Includes on-the-scene coverage and interviewing.
Prerequisite: admission to either the communication studies, public relations, film, or journalism major.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the guidelines and rules of broadcast news copy writing.
- Demonstrate guidelines for conducting broadcast interviews.
- Demonstrate guidelines for conducting on the scene news stories.
- Demonstrate the requirements of coverage of speeches and meetings
- Identify news values used in reporting events.
- Identify the beats of a typical community.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)