Sep 22, 2021
COM 305 - Advertising Copywriting
Students will learn to write for the advertising industry, including a study of effective advertising copy, and the methods of creating project proposals and project assessments.
Prerequisite: COM 280.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Formulate creative and practical solutions to word-based communications problems in advertising.
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate and format advertising proposals, research documents in advertising, and other business correspondence.
- Identify and qualify the needs of a client in the advertising field.
- Create advertising copy that meets the needs of a client.
- Show the ability to create copy that meets the needs of several different media formats, including television, print, and the Internet.
- Demonstrate a facility with proper English and grammar in business writing.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)