Sep 23, 2021
COM 300 - Media Research
Development, understanding and application of media research theories, methodologies and techniques.
Prerequisite: admission to either the communication studies, public relations, film, or journalism major.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify/explain and/or demonstrate knowledge of the theoretical and methodological skills necessary for producing rigorous research on traditional and emerging media.
- Identify/explain and/or demonstrate knowledge of traditional and new media research tools and to develop a critical approach to the use and misuse of these methods and/or technologies.
- Develop hands on experience and understanding of the current cultural changes in media production and consumption.
- Understand and explain the difference between qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Develop professional audience research methodologies applicable to traditional and new media.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)