Jul 06, 2022
CMGT 345 - Heavy Civil Estimating II
Advanced estimating techniques, resource selection, cost requirements and bid preparation for heavy civil and highway construction. Three hours lecture and two hours lab. Permission by instructor. Course will be offered every year (Winter).
Prerequisites: CMGT 343 and CMGT 347.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand resource requirements required (materials, labor, equipment, cost, and schedule) to build heavy civil projects.
- Identify and reference safety items, understand how safety concerns are addressed at the job site, and how they must be planned for during the estimate.
- Develop a basic understanding on general heavy civil and highway construction techniques, means, and methods.
- Work in teams and estimate and present to a bid review panel an entire heavy civil project.
- Obtain general knowledge in a version of heavy civil estimating software package.
- Have general knowledge of ethical standards and issues related to heavy civil estimating.
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)