May 27, 2023
CHEM 382LAB - Integrated Physical/Inorganic Laboratory I
Synthesis of inorganic compounds and their characterizations using physical chemistry methods, with additional experiments in thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and kinetics. Six hours of laboratory weekly. Course will be offered every year (Winter).
Co- or prerequisite: CHEM 382.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Name inorganic compounds
- Obtain and interpret data used to characterize inorganic compounds, including UV/Vis absorption spectra, infrared spectra, and nuclear magnetic resonance data.
- Perform basic inorganic synthesis.
- Describe the physical principles that constitute the foundations of thermodynamics.
- Exhibit proficiency with data collection and data manipulation techniques applied to physical phenomena.
- Exhibit proficiency in the presentation of experimental results in a written format.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)