Jun 06, 2023
CHEM 332 - Quantitative Analysis
Principles of quantitative analytical chemistry, including statistical treatment of data, complex equilibria, activity, and volumetric, gravimetric, and instrumental analysis. Course will be offered every year (Fall).
Prerequisites: CHEM 183 and either CHEM 183LAB or CHEM 193LAB with a grade of C- or higher in each. Co-requisite: CHEM 332LAB.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compute analytical figures of merit.
- Choose appropriate statistical tools.
- Compute equilibrium concentrations of complex mixtures of species in aqueous solutions (e.g., precipitation, polyprotic acid-base, etc.)
- Compute activities.
- Theoretically reproduce and illustrate titration curves.
- Choose a buffer and describe how to prepare it.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)