Sep 22, 2021
CHEM 182 - General Chemistry II
Builds upon concepts from CHEM 181. Introduces molecular geometry and bonding theories, gas laws, solution properties and chemical kinetics. Students planning on taking CHEM 183 are advised that they must be qualified for MATH 154 before enrolling in CHEM 183. Course will be offered every year (Winter and Spring).
Prerequisite: Qualify for MATH 154 or higher on a math placement exam, or completion of MATH 153 with a C- or better, or completion of a course higher than MATH 153, and completion of CHEM 181 with a C- or better.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply a working knowledge of chemical concepts such as molecular geometry and bonding theories, gas laws, intermolecular forces, solution properties, and chemical kinetics.
- Calculate extensive and intensive properties through basic algebra.
- Display a working knowledge of IUPAC nomenclature.
- Follow mathematical derivations of chemical kinetics that assist in understanding complex chemical interactions.
- Apply a working knowledge of chemical concepts, for personal health and safety, the health and safety of others, and impacts on the local environment.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Winter Locations: Ellensburg Spring Locations: Ellensburg Summer Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)