May 20, 2022
BIOL 470 - Mechanisms of Evolution
Darwinian evolution and the modern synthesis.
Prerequisite: BIOL 321.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain evolutionary theory in terms of the mechanisms of evolution and describe evolutionary influence across all levels of biological organization.
- Quantify changes in the genetic composition of populations that result from evolution.
- Compare different mechanisms of speciation and various ways that biologists define species.
- Explain how macroevolutionary changes occur across evolutionary time.
- Apply evolutionary principles, hypotheses, and investigative methods to test a wide range of biological phenomena.
- Analyze, interpret, and evaluate current evolutionary research.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)