May 20, 2022
BIOL 213 - Introductory Biostatistics
An introduction to commonly used methods for analyzing biological data. Use of statistical and graphical software will be emphasized.
Prerequisites: BIOL 182 and eligibility for MATH 154 or MATH 172.
General Education Category: FYE3 - Quantitative Reasoning
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compile raw biological data to construct graphs, tables and charts using computer software
- Determine appropriate statistical analyses for a vareity of different types of biological data
- Analyze biological data using statistical software.
- Interpret results of statistical analyses to address hypotheses
- Communicate statistical results visually, orally, and in written form.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg Winter Locations: Ellensburg Spring Locations: Ellensburg Summer Locations: Ellensburg, Online
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)