May 29, 2023
ASL 343 - Deaf Education
Overview of current practices concerning the use of ASL in the educational setting. Topics explored will include manually coded English systems, bilingual bicultural education, and language acquisition in deaf children.
Prerequisite: C+ or higher in ASL 310. By permission only.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Examine and discuss a variety of common topics likely to be encountered in the target language culture.
- Use intermediate vocabulary and grammar appropriately, orally and in writing.
- Analyze and interpret simple texts.
- Recognize appropriate use of vocabulary and grammar in oral and written input.
- Identify cultural practices.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of past, present and future indicative mood.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)