Aug 11, 2022
AFRO 403 - National Security/Commissioning Preparation 3
“National Security/Commissioning Preparation” - Designed for college seniors and gives them the foundation to understand their role as military officers and how they are directly tied to our National Security Strategy.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the functions of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and Manual for Courts-Martial.
- Recognize the need for a military justice system.
- Identify the methods and associated tools available within the UCMJ to maintain discipline.
- Define corrective supervision.
- Identify ways to involve the counselee in developing solutions to problems.
- Identify the three counseling approaches: directive, nondirective, and eclectic.
- Define Risk Management.
- Name the four Risk Management principles.
- Identify the steps of the Risk Management process.
- Identify methods the Air Force uses to maintain accountability over government property and equipment.
- List the rules for ethical government computer use.
- Articulate the rules to protect sensitive and classified information.
- Explain how human trafficking can affect mission readiness.
- Describe the human trafficking concerns in the DoD.
- Recall the definitions of sexual assault and consent.
- Identify resources available to a victim filing an unrestricted or restricted report.
- Recognize exceptions to restricted reporting.
- Describe the purpose of the Airman Comprehensive Assessment.
- Identify which Airmen are required to receive Airman Comprehensive Assessments.
- State when Airman Comprehensive Assessment sessions are held for each rank.
- State the purpose of Enlisted Performance Reports.
- Identify who is required to receive an EPR.
- Identify when an EPR is completed.
- Describe the three steps of the evaluation process
- Identify inappropriate comments for officer performance reports.
- Describe “best” qualified and “fully” qualified promotions for officer personnel.
- Recognize the differences between Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH), Basic Allowance for Subsistence (BAS), and Uniform and Equipment Allowance.
- Identify the different types of leave a military member can take.
- Identify the rate at which leave is earned
- Distinguish the four virtues inherent in an officer’s commission.
- Paraphrase the meaning of the oath of office.
- Describe the relationship between the oath of office and the commission.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Spring Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)