Jul 06, 2022
AFRO 402LAB - POC Leadership Laboratory
Advanced leadership experiences involving planning and conducting cadet training activities, oral and written communications, and developing human relations skills. Three hours weekly plus mandatory physical training. Grade will either be S or U. Course will be offered every year (Winter).
Co-requisite: AFRO 402.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- “Esprit de Corps”
- Develop esprit de corps through participation in group activities
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a group to accomplish a goal
- “Cadet Mentoring Program”
- Define the styles of a mentor
- List the rules of mentoring
- “Health and Wellness”
- Identify the components of the AF fitness assessment
- Identify healthy lifestyle choices
- “Customs and Courtesies”
- Demonstrate proper Air Force customs and courtesies.
- “Dress, Appearance, and Grooming”
- Identify and demonstrate proper Air Force dress, appearance, and grooming standards.
- “Drill and Ceremonies”
- Demonstrate Air Force formal dining, awards, and flag ceremonies.
- Demonstrate parade procedures.
- “Leadership and Management”
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrate feedback principles and evaluate the performance of subordinates.
- “Feedback and Performance Evaluation Skills”
- Provide performance feedback and evaluation to cadet wing subordinates.
- “Commander’s Call”
- Construct and brief Cadet Corps on mandatory topics as directed by Higher Headquarters
- “Physical Training”
- Value the importance of physical training
- “Air Force Employment Exercise”
- Build and execute a war plan.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)