Jun 12, 2021
ADMG 302 - Financial Analysis for Administrative and IT Support
This course addresses the financial analysis functions necessary for an administrative and IT support manager to complete requested financial documents. Administrative and IT support staff must understand the basis of financial accounting. Course will be offered every year (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer).
Prerequisite: junior standing.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define accounting terminology and concepts.
- Analyze and develop income statements as they pertain to the organization as a whole, but more, specifically the income statement within the administrative and IT managers reporting functions.
- Analyze and develop balance sheets as they pertain to the organization as a whole, but more specifically the balance sheet as it pertains to IT department.
- Explain and interpret cash flow analysis as it pertains to the IT or administrative manager and his/her specific department.
- Develop profitability ratios, leverage rations, liquidity rations, efficiency rations, and ration relationships as they pertain to the IT department and development of IT department related reports.
- Explain and analyze return on investment (understanding how to determine ROI and the role it plays in IT project management).
- Interpret leading versus lagging indicators as specifically related to the IT and administrative.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg, Online Winter Locations: Online Spring Locations: Ellensburg, Online Summer Locations: Online
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)