Nov 29, 2022
CS 526 - Autonomous Robotics
This course teaches how to integrate cloud computing and big data analytics for robotics machine learning programming, providing the fundamentals of real time distributed computing, mobile devices, and IoT systems, including implementation of cloud robotics. CS 426 and CS 526 are layered courses; a student may not receive credit for both. Course will be offered every year (Spring).
Prerequisite: CS 301.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, managerial, communications, and interpersonal skills to a realistic project of relative complexity.
- Synthesize and integrate multiple cloud technologies and a humanoid robot platform to create a comprehensive software system architecture of best real time human-robot interactivity.
- Effectively implement software for robot decoding of human behavior patterns.
- Identify situations involving different types of human queries.
- Describe the impact of cloud robotics technology in both local and global contexts.
- Understand how to implement cloud robotics, through scalable distributed cloud computing with big data machine learning and user-interaction trigged behaviors.
ABET Student outcomes. By the end of the course, students should have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of cloud computing appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the cloud robotics requirements appropriate to its solution.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Spring Locations Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)