Mar 22, 2023
HPE 574 - Public Relations and Marketing in Athletics
This course offers students a complete view of the expansive field of sport, providing an understanding of the foundations of sport marketing, public relations, and how to enhance the sport experience. Department permission.
Prerequisite: open to students in the graduate health and physical education programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate usage of marketing terminology and theory related to the sport industry.
- Explain sport marketing theory and how it can be used in the sport industry to meet the wants and needs of the sport consumer.
- Analyze case studies in sport to recognize sound marketing decisions and to articulate sport marketing solutions for various constituents.
- Evaluate the sport marketing strategies of professionals as well as fellow students through critiquing the professionals’ work and students’ assignments.
- Synthesize course material into a marketing plan for a sport organization.
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)