Mar 22, 2023
ENG 585 - Publishing Strategies and Practice for Writers
Students will develop skills for creating a multi-platform writer’s profile, and strategies for effectively presenting, promoting and expanding the audience for their work. Permission by instructor.
Prerequisite: 27 credits in the online professional and creative writing MA.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the development of social media skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively analyze specific audiences, publications, and markets.
- Identify and research publication venues.
- Demonstrate an understanding of industry conventions (agents, query letters, book proposals, etc.) for a range of genres
- Apply written and visual rhetoric to create a public presentation of work and create a web presence for self-marketing.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively present and promote one’s work, as well as expanding the audience for one’s work.
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)