Mar 22, 2023
FCL 515 - Therapeutic Play
Application of play theories to intervene with children and families. Content will include classical and contemporary theories of play, play across child development, assessment using play, and skills to facilitate play sessions in various contexts. FCL 415 and FCL 515 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both. Course will be offered every year (Winter).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Synthesize the core assumptions of classical and contemporary theories of play.
- Summarize typical changes in play across child development.
- Formulate considerations for use of play with children in special populations.
- Design play interventions for children of various ages and in many contexts.
- Justify the use of play in intervention with children and adults.
- Assess family dynamics using play therapy techniques.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)