Mar 22, 2023
ENG 511 - Introduction to Graduate Writing
Students will be introduced to the study and practice of professional and creative writing at the graduate level. Students will be acclimated to a fully online graduate writing program and propose a course of study for their degree.
Prerequisite: admission to the Online Professional and Creative Writing MA Program.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze forms and structures of writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute effectively to peer discussions and critique of writing work in progress.
- Incorporate critical mentoring and feedback into revisions of writing.
- Identify and describe the goals and outcomes of the Online M.A. in Professional and Creative Writing program.
- Design a plan of study for the progress through the M.A. program.
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)