Apr 02, 2023
HPE 562 - Pedagogical Design and Analysis in Physical Education
The emphasis of the course is to identify, develop and implement a variety of instructional strategies in physical education and other activity settings. Additional emphasis will be placed on planning age appropriate instructional sessions.
Prerequisites: accepted in HPE Masters Program and HPE 561.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and apply health/fitness content, disciplinary concepts, and tools of inquiry related to the development of a physically educated and health-literate person.
- Incorporate interdisciplinary learning experiences to integrate knowledge and skills from multiple subject areas.
- Create and use appropriate instructional cues and prompts for basic motor skills, rhythms, physical activity, and fitness.
- Demonstrate teaching methods specific to individual and group motivation and behavior to create a safe learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation.
- Demonstrate managerial and instructional routines which create smoothly functioning learning experiences.
- Select, implement, and evaluate instructional strategies based on developmental levels, learning styles, and safety issues.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)