Mar 22, 2023
HPE 572 - Skills-based Health Education
The course will provide an opportunity to learn about the foundational components of sNo.chool-based health education from a skills-based approach intended to help improve the health and well-being of learners in the K-12 educational system.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the role of each of the eight components of the coordinated school health program.
- Locate a variety of health curriculum resources to help teach comprehensive health education.
- Explain the important of proper dispositions by being a positive role model when teach health in the K-12 setting.
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of the ten comprehensive school health education content areas.
- Deliver effective lessons and curriculum materials utilizing active learning teaching strategies related to the ten health content areas.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Summer Locations Online
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)