Mar 22, 2023
HPE 561 - Tactical Applications to Movement Development and Sport
This course examines how the tactical games approach can be applied at elementary and secondary levels in a variety of developmentally appropriate sports and activities.
Prerequisite: accepted in HPE Masters Program (HAPEG).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and evaluate valid sources of information about health and physical education.
- Identify research proven practices based on age and developmentally appropriate progressions.
- Apply appropriate strategies, services, and resources to meet diverse learning needs.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the phases and stages of movement development.
- Accurately conduct game performance analyses for net/wall games (GPAI).
- Develop appropriate sequences to help students achieve proficiency of propulsive and receptive skills.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)