Mar 22, 2023
HPE 570 - Legal Liability and Risk Management
Lecture and discussion course on general legal terminology, personal and tort law, and methods used to implement organizational risk management programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Know and be able to correctly respond to the legal foundation of school law.
- Discuss the legal concepts of negligence, torts and duty.
- Analyze, and address event safety and security and apply knowledge of legal responsibilities and understand of risk.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Constitutional Law, i.e. 1st, 4th, 5th, & 14th Amendments and their effect on litigation and risk management strategies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Title IX- Gender Equity and understand the legal and organizational effect it has on athletics programs.
- Identify common forms of sexual harassment and child abuse and explore strategies for addressing them.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)