Aug 08, 2022
PSY 556 - Academic Assessment
Instruction in the use and administration of academic assessment procedures and instruments for school psychologists.
Prerequisite: admission to the School Psychology Program.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe current assessment theories and assessment models in school psychology.
- Administer, score, and interpret various achievement tests and curriculum based measurement techniques used by school psychologists.
- Critically evaluate unfamiliar tests.
- Write evaluation reports for achievement and understand the components of comprehensive school psychology evaluation report.
- Discuss important psychometric and theoretical issues pertaining to tests and test data.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)