Aug 18, 2022
MUS 562 - Opera Production
A class leading to performance of a complete opera. MUS 462 and MUS 562 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both. May be repeated for credit.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Prepare an advanced operatic role musically, including professional preparation expectations and the proper musical style for the period and genre.
- Prepare an advanced operatic role dramatically, including character study and preparation as well as stage protocol and execution.
- Integrate their musical and dramatic preparation into practical performance experience in the final culminating performances.
- Participate in all aspects of opera production, including building sets and costumes, running stage equipment and using proper stage procedure.
- Incorporate their individual areas of expertise (Conducting, coaching, teaching) to prepare the overall production.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)