Aug 08, 2022
MUS 540 - Advanced Choral Interpretation and Technique
For choral directors of all levels in the public schools and churches. New materials, voice production, intonation, interpretation, conducting techniques, diction. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Exhibit how to prepare the score and plan rehearsals for an extended masterwork
- Describe multiple philosophies of programming.
- Develop an active listening evaluation process appropriate to the student’s situation.
- Construct an adjudicator’s “cheat sheet”
- Create effective standing arrangements
- Construct an overview of yourself (reflective practice in choral education).
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)